Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook specializations

Camille Bégnis wrote:

> With DocBook V5 on sight, people will be much more likely to customize
> the DTD, and not simply use the "role" attribute. While this is great in
> an information coding point of view it poses the problem of
> interoperability, Customized DocBook is not really DocBook anymore right?

I don't think that interoperability is problem here. Customized version
of schema are usually created by companies for their internal use. Most
additions are usually on the inline elements, and if you put such
elements into separate namespace or simply remap them to some generic
DocBook element you can easily interchange your documents.

> Would it makes sense to provide customization developers a best
> practices guide, and a "DocBook Specializations Repository" where people
> could contribute their customized schemas and stylesheets to handle
> specific requirements, by metier for example?

This idea is worth, but is there anyone who can devote his/her free time
for this project? Or fund development of such guide and repository?

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
      ** XSLT 13.-16.3.2006 ** XML schémata 24.-26.4.2006 **
        ** DocBook 15.-17.5.2006 ** XSL-FO 12.-13.6.2006 **

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature