Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook specializations

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 10:07 -0500, cstrong@arielpartners.com wrote:

> We could start very simply by having a "specializations" page on the docbook
> wiki
I like that (it answers Camille's question about effort too!)

>   The specializations page could be more than
> a list; it could include a couple of guidelines, best practices, etc.
I think we need to acknowledge the difference between subsetting
(my definition of customizing) and additions (customising and
adding) to docbook?

> If someone with privileges would create such a page, I would be willing
> to contribute to it (a) draft1 of some guidelines and (b) a first example
> package.
>
> Oh-- we might need two wiki areas.  I am only talking about Docbook5.
> Some other motivated person will have to take the lead for Docbook < 5.

With my (limited) experience, docbook 5 is *so* much easier to work
with...
I agree Craeg.

regards DaveP