Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Javahelp browser shows no contents

Hi Mauritz, all,

I am hitting the issue that Peter described in the (very old) email below.  He saw this with DocBook XSL 1.68.1; I have seen it with both 1.68.1 and 1.69.1.  Like him, I am using Windows XP and JavaHelp version 2.0.  Also, I'm using saxon6-5-5 to do the transformation.  Here is a sample source document that produces the error:

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3b2/docbookx.dtd";>
<book>
  <title>This Is My Title</title>
  <chapter id="myChapter">
    <title>Title of the Chapter</title>
  </chapter>
</book>

Here is the generated jhelpidx.xml that seems to be causing the problem:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE index
  PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems Inc.//DTD JavaHelp Index Version 1.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/products/javahelp/index_1_0.dtd";>
<index version="1.0">
   <indexitem text="Index &#xA;    Term" target="d0e9"/>

I assume that it is the "&#xA;" that is causing the problem.  I would not have expected the index text to include the line break and the spaces that were in the "primary" (although I'm new to DocBook so it could be my assumptions that are incorrect).

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
David

>  From: "Mauritz Jeanson" <mj@johanneberg.com>
>  To: "'Peter Desjardins'" <pdesjardins@supplyscape.com>, <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>