Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] insert a pagebreak / a picture in header / pagenumbers /Table of Contents

When I can't figure out why a graphic won't fit in a header, I
temporarily make the region.before.extent really big, like 15cm.
Then the graphic usually shows up and I can see what is going on,
and can adjust the margin to fit (or adjust the graphic scaling
to fit the margin).

DocBook Consulting

From: "Kerstin Buchholz" <Leeloo5E@web.de>
To: "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:43 AM
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] insert a pagebreak / a picture in
header / pagenumbers /Table of Contents

> "Bob Stayton" <bobs@sagehill.net> schrieb am 06.03.06 19:41:26:

section in my
> > >  >> Simplify DocBook so that converting it to PDF or RTF
the pagebreaks
> > are
> > >  >> made?
> > >  > http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PageBreaking.html
> > >
> > > Using "hard-pagebreak" was very easy to implement.
> > > But I also need a "hard-pagebreak" before "Table of
Content".

> > > Some XML-Code:
> > > <article lang='de'>
> > >     <title>Manual</title>
> > >     <articleinfo>
> > >        <abstract>...</abstract>
> > >        <author>...</author>
> > >     </articleinfo>
> > >
> > >     <pagebreak/>

> > > </article>
> > >
> > > After <articleinfo> I set a pagebreak. It works very well.
But between
> > > <articleinfo> and <pagebreaks> are generated the "Table of
Content". It
> > > is still on the first page. It would be very nice, if the
"Table of
> > > Content" would be alone on the second page. How should I
put it on the
> > > second page?
> >
> > You can add these two templates to your customization layer
to accomplish
> > this effect:
> >
> > <xsl:template name="component.toc.separator">
> >   <!-- Customize to output something between
> >        component.toc and first output -->
> >   <fo:block break-after="page"/>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > <xsl:template name="article.titlepage.separator">
> >   <fo:block break-after="page"/>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > The template named component.toc.separator is an empty
placeholder template
> > defined in the stylesheet to allow you to put something
between the toc and
> > the first content.  In DocBook terms, a 'component' is an
article, chapter,
> > appendix, etc.
> >
> > The article.titlepage.separator template is normally
generated from the
> > titlepage spec file as described here:
> >
> > http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html
> >
> > But you can also directly define one of the generated
templates in your

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html#GraphicInHeader

> > > This is still very dificult to understand.
> > > I put the described part
> > > <xsl:when test="$position = 'center'">
> > >   <fo:external-graphic content-height="1.2cm">
> > >     <xsl:attribute name="src">
> > >       <xsl:call-template name="fo-external-image">
> > >         <xsl:with-param name="filename"
select="$header.image.filename"/>
> > >       </xsl:call-template>
> > >     </xsl:attribute>
> > >   </fo:external-graphic>
> > > </xsl:when>
> > > in the pagesetup.xsl of the Docbook-Stylesheets, set
> > > $header.image.filename in param.xsl to the right path to
the picture
> > > which has to be in the page-headers, but there is still no
External
> > > Graphic shown on the page-header ...
> >
> > Can you peek inside the FO output to see if you get the
fo-external-image

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintHeaders.html#HeaderHeight

> I think its the right filename. The graphic has a size of
191x57 Pixel. I don't know if the
> <xsl:param name="region.before.extent" select="'0.4in'"/> is
big enough for this graphic.
> "inches" are not my best friend.
> Where should I place the described part for external graphic
and how should I do the parameters for it.