Subject: variables or conditional coding

Hi.

Somewhere, I found information that you can have set up variables and use
them conditionally in a docbook xml file. or sometimes called conditional
coding

Is there a link I can read up on this?

basically, we're writing documentation that can be used for multiple
products, and we want to have the ability to display the correct product
name, when we generate the output.

Thanks!
LN