Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: Describing module interfaces

Le 10 mars 2006 à 12:42, Steinar Bang a écrit :

>> I need to describe and enumerate, and classify all interfaces of some
>> software modules in a big software system.  Is there any good markup
>> for that?  <interface> isn't it.  Neither is <interfacename> (the
>> object oriented stuff could _possibly_ be used when detailing some
>> parts of some interfaces that are APIs in object oriented languages.
>> But it's no good for the high level approach).
>
>> So far I've just used <section>.
>
> That is "just used <section> and free form text.  One <section> for
> each interface I'm describing".
>
> But I would prefer real semantic markup of these interfaces.
>
> By "interface" I mean something like eg.:
>  - A command line interface
Here I use screen or userinput for user's instructions, command to
reference command line tools.

>  - A GUI
Depending of the Gui's element, I use guimenu, menuchoice, guilabel

>  - An API
Here you may have a look at whichever gnome package you want, there
are plenty of examples

>  - A protocol
Probably part of it may be programlisting

>  - A temporary file
For filename, I use filename.

All of this can be customized.

If you want to have a look at some usage, you can have a look at
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org/bluefish/index.shtml.shtml>

If it is of any help, I can also put online the xsl customized
stylesheets (not to say they are perfect, I'm very beginner at them,
but it can give some ideas).

Cheers,
Michèle
<http://micmacfr.homeunix.org>

36C471DED4B09EEB30A0281F2608DB2FE6F9E147.gpgkey