Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] db4 xsl stylesheets 2006-03-11 snapshot ignoring xml:base

Hi Chris,
The snapshot distributions have added a parameter named
'keep.relative.image.uris' that determines if xml:base attributes
added by XInclude are resolved or not (some people requested that
it not be).  The default value was set to 0.  Set it to 1 and
xml:base will work again.

I think the default value of 0 is more appropriate for HTML
output.  For FO output, I think the default value should be 1
because all the content is gathered up into one FO output file.
What do others think?

DocBook Consulting

From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris@chiasson.name>
To: "docbook-apps List" <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:58 PM
Subject: [docbook-apps] db4 xsl stylesheets 2006-03-11 snapshot
ignoring xml:base

Hello docbook-apps,

The latest snapshot of the docbook xsl1 style sheets seems to be
ignoring xml:base. I say this because I have xincluded files (in
subdirectory) that, in turn, have relative filerefs pointing to
pictures; the docbook xsl 1.69 stylesheets are making html pages
that
have my pictures, while the snapshot stylesheets only create
pages
with my alt-texts from the xincluded files.

Also, the new stylesheets are printing out reams of warnings
about not
having an id attribute on every chapter, section, etc...

Regards,
--
http://chris.chiasson.name/