Subject: XSLT based DocBook to RTF conversion?

Hi list,

I'm aware of the recent DocBook to WordML XSLT transformation efforts of Steve
Ball and Bob Stayton [1] and I'm aware of the older DSSSL stylesheets for
transforming DocBook to RTF, but I'm curious about the deficit of XSLT
stylesheets mapping directly to RTF.
Did anyone ever try to start such a thing and then abandoned it?
Was it just obsolete, trivial, irrelevant or impossible?
Did DocBook to fo followed by fo to RTF give more useful results?

Thanks
Doug

[1]  http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200512/msg00053.html