Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook - Word 2003 Round-Trip Efforts

Andrew, Ray,

Bob Stayton and I have developed round-tripping XSL stylesheets.
These are actually loss-less, but only for a limited subset of
DocBook and only using a pre-defined set of Word styles.  There are
also stylesheets to support Apple Pages.  OpenOffice is not yet
supported, but it is part of the plan.

Also, the XSL stylesheets in the DocBook distribution are for XSLT
v1.0.  You can certainly do a better job with XSLT v2.0, but (a) it
is not yet a W3C Recommendation and (b) there are not that many
implementations around yet.

HTHs,
Steve Ball

---

Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Explain         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas
http://www.explain.com.au/ |      TclXML TclDOM        | Tcl, Web
Development
Steve.Ball@explain.com.au  +---------------------------
Ph. +61 2 6242 4099   |   Mobile (0413) 594 462   | Fax +61 2 6242 4099