Subject: FW: [[1454121] Path dirs repeated twice in imagedata urls]

Forwarding a message I got from Mark Proctor (who's been trying to
get a working environment set up to author and publish docs for
Drools [JBoss Rules product] using DocBook).

Has anybody ever come across this problem before? (parts of path
names getting repeated in URIs).

It seems like it might be caused by a problem in the Xerces
XIncludeParserConfiguration class. He's using that to do
single-pass resolving of his XIncludes along with the
transformation to XSL-FO. With Saxon as the XSLT engine.

But if I run his source through an Xinclude processer (I'm using
xmlllint --xinclude) to resolve the Xinclude instances first, and
then pass on that result to Saxon, everygthing works as expected
(no parts of the path names get repeated).

  --Mike

----- Forwarded message from Mark Proctor <mproctor@codehaus.org> -----

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 03:25:11 +0000
From: Mark Proctor <mproctor@codehaus.org>
To: smith@sideshowbarker.net

   I have been trying to generate pdfs with the latest snapshot. I'm finding
   that it messes up the path of the generated .fo - even before I try
   rendering a pdf with fob.
   I have imagedata="A Basic Rete Network.gif" and it ends up with
   <fo:external-graphic
   src="Part%20-%201/Part%20-%201/Chapter%20-%20Rule%20Engine/Chapter%20-%20Rule%20Engine/A%20Basic%20Rete%20Network.gif"
   Notice that it repeats each folder twice  - its also wrong because the
   image should be relative to the current dir - i.e.  <fo:external-graphic
   src="A%20Basic%20Rete%20Network.gif"

   I have this error whether I'm using src.image.path or not.

   The document itself a modular docbook, three levels deep - the image is at
   the third level. HTML generates fine. I have no joy with pdf or html if I

   [1]http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1454121&group_id=21935&atid=373747

   Mark

----- End forwarded message -----

smime.p7s