Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Docbook - Word 2003 Round-Trip Efforts

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the tip on UpCast -- it's quite impressive. I gave it a whirl,
and was pleasantly surprised with the output. It's probably far more useful
as a starting point than our stylesheets (at least for anyone not working
with our own in-house legacy Word template -- which I hope means everyone on
this list:)

I noticed it didn't handle variablelists, sidebars, or notes at all (which
is probably more a result of how those elements are expressed in our Word
template than any failure of the product), but that's certainly to be
expected without any prior knowledge of the idiosyncrasies of a particular
Word template. It does look like there's also a lot of room to add
additional filtering based on the output. Cool stuff.

Again, very impressed overall, and thanks for the tip.

-- Andrew