Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook, XALAN and dbtimestamp PI function

Here you are "test.xml", "testXALAN_FOP.pdf" and  "testSAXON_XEP.pdf"

I did the following:
XALAN - FOP
- added  << or function-available("exsl:nodeSet") >>  to "pi.xsl"
- java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in test.xml -xsl
mypath\fo\docbook.xsl -out test.fo
- fop test.fo testXALAN_FOP.pdf

SAXON - XEP
- java con.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -o testSAXON.fo test.xml mypath\fo\docbook.xsl
- xep testSAXON.fo testSAXON_XEP.pdf

XSLTPROC - FOP and XEP
- xsltproc -o testXSLTPROC.fo mypath\fo\docbook.xsl test.xml
- then processing with FOP and XEP

but I have obtained the same result and the problem is the same:
"Generated: 2006-03-22 H:M:S"
I think there is something wrong also using "B" but I haven't deepened.

versions used:
DocBook 1.69.1
XALAN 2.7.0
FOP 0.91beta
SAXON 6.5.5
XEP 4.5 Personal
XSLTPROC was compiled against libxml 20622, libxslt 10115 and libexslt 812
(Windows ports of xsltproc and required libraries:
http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html)

Best regards,
Andrea.

At 16.42 21/03/2006, you wrote:
>If possible, can you please try your test.xml with Saxon or
>xsltproc and check if you have the same problem? Also, please
>either e-mail a copy of your test.xml or post it here. I will try
>testing with it and see if I can reproduce the problem.
>
>   --Mike
>
>Andrea Mattioli <aldaris@jumpy.it> writes:
>
> > I'm just using "docbook-xsl-1.69.1".
> >
> > Andrea.

> > >What version of the stylesheets are you using? I remember that
> > >problem being caused by an oversight in some code added for
> > >tokenizing the parts of the date string. But I think it was fixed
> > >prior to the 1.69.1 release.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";>
<book>
	<bookinfo>
		<title>Title</title>
		<author>
			<firstname>Author Name</firstname>
			<surname>Author SurName</surname>
		</author>
	</bookinfo>
	<part>
		<title>Part 1</title>
		<chapter>
			<title>Chapter 1</title>
				<section>
					<title>TEST</title>
					<para>Generated: <?dbtimestamp format="Y-m-d H:M:S"?></para>
				</section>
			</chapter>
	</part>
</book>