Subject: Remove index from "prev" and "next" order

I'm trying to use chunked HTML output in a simple frameset as a very
basic online help system.  The chunks for the TOC and index are shown in
one frame and the rest of the chunks are shown in the other frame.  The
"prev" and "next" links in the nav header for each content page should
work as usual and I have suppressed the nav header for the TOC and index
chunks.

My problem is that the last chunk before the index (which is the final
chunk) contains a "next" link that will load the index chunk in the
content frame.  I want to make the last chunk before the index (which is
the actual last chunk) think that it really is the last chunk.  This
would give it a "prev" link and no "next" link.

Is there a way to customize the XSLT so that the index is not considered
in the order of "prev" and "next"?  My attempts to do this have only
broken the whole conversion so far.

Is there a better way to eliminate the "next" link on the penultimate
chunk?

Thanks for your help.

Peter Desjardins
SupplyScape Corporation