Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Question about DocBook, FOP, inlinegraphic and vertical align

Vertical-align is for inline-level elements, and external-graphic is
classified as such an element.

> - Does it make sense to update "graphics.xsl" ?

If you mean "does it make sense to update graphics.xsl directly and not use
a customization layer?", then I'd say no. It may be tempting to do so
(especially when the modification is relatively small), but you would
probably run into trouble sooner or later. See
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html#CustomizationLayer.

> - Is it possible to insert this test in the docbook
> "customization_layer" without modifying "graphics.xsl" ?

Yes. Copy the whole "process.image" template to your customization layer and
modify it there.

> - Is there another (| better | standard) way to align vertically the
> image respect to the inline - text ?

No, I don't think so.

/MJ