Subject: conditional from source

Hi all,

I have the following problem:

I am writing a manual for Denemo in docbook.
Denemo has a lot of keybindings and the ability to use different
keybinding files as well.

I wrote a manual using one keybinding file, but it won't be much use
to someone using a different keybinding file.

We came up with the idea of a script that will search the manual for
some element or attribute or code to search for to replace the key
bindings depending on the keybinding file used.

For building the script I have someone, but the question is how to
markup the  manual in a way where the xml will parse and it will be
fairly easy to tag.

This isn't really conditional text, but maybe it would be part of the
solution?

Thanks
Aaron