Subject: XSL Customization: Generate full ToC in a separated file

Hi people,

I'm writing a free book using DocBook XML for content and XSL
Stylesheets for presentation. I admit that I'm not expoert and
customizing XSL Stylesheets, so I'm looking for some help.

I created a custom .xsl file with all my presentation needs. But I'm
running into problems with a feature that I think it's useful: generate
a full Table Of Contents (including chapters, sections with all depths,
and maybe table/element lists) in a separate file while transforming
into a chunked html version.

I know the XSL parameter "chunk.tocs.and.lots", but it withdraws the ToC
from the index and put into a section like. My idea is to have the
index's ToC (with presentation controlled by parameters
toc.section.depth, toc.max.depth, etc) *and* a separate file with the
complete ToC (all depths and items).

Why?

When someone is reading the book in the HTML chunked format, he will see
  the ToC and will decide where to go. When he does not know exactly
what to read, he will read the main chapters to see what he is
interested. For example:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/chapter/book/

And as reader access the chapter, he'll be presented with the other
sections, and so on.

When the reader knows *exactly* what he wants to find out, he can search
in the "full ToC" to see if a section covers what he needs, using for
example the Find tool in a browser. The same past example, now with full

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html-ng/

Now I need to generate the second example as a "chapter" or element
within my book. I know this is possible, as I searched and found out one
case:

http://mobileinternetguide.org/html/toc01.html
(See the last link above the bottom navigation bar)

When you click the "full table of contents", you'll see *all* the
content. Easy to search. I think this approach is very useful, and as I
look for someway to do this, I really appreciate help here :)

Thanks!

--
[]'s
Eitch

http://www.devin.com.br/eitch/
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code." - Linus Torvalds