Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] section numbers

Title: Message
Adam,

If you set the parameter section.autolabel=1 when you build
the .fo or .html file, you should get what you're looking for.
This should work for both print and html.

If that's not exactly what you're after, I'd suggest checking
out Bob Stayton's excellent book: DocBook XSL.  Here's a
pointer to the book:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl

The section.autolabel parameter is discussed in the following
section:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FOSectionNumbering.html

Hope that helps,
Dick Hamilton
-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Perry-Pelletier [mailto:adamp@moesol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:52 PM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook-apps] section numbers

I want to have section and subsection numbers printed out in both the TOC and in the section/subsection titles in both PDF and HTML output formats.

So

TOC

   1. Foo Section

      1.1 Foo's Subsection

Chapter 1 Foo Section

1.1   Foo's Subsection

Can give me a brief sample that achieves this goal.  I’m using docbook-website-2.6.0, docbook-xsl-1.69.1, and docbook-xml-4.5CR2.

I’ve tried many of the section|sect<n> samples but haven’t seen them print the output I want.

Adam