Subject: including HTML table with bgcolor (FO output)

Hi,

a main reason for me to make some tests with html tables instead of CALS
tables is the easier use of background colors - at least that was, what
I expected. But in FO output, the attribute @bgcolor isn't referenced at
all, only PI instructions are processed. As instructions for processing
the value for a background color occurs only 3 times (in exact the same
way) in fo/htmltbl.xsl, the following small change did have all the
effect I need:

Original:

  <xsl:variable name="bgcolor">
    <xsl:call-template name="dbfo-attribute">
      <xsl:with-param name="pis" select="processing-instruction('dbfo')"/>
      <xsl:with-param name="attribute" select="'bgcolor'"/>
    </xsl:call-template>
  </xsl:variable>

After Change:

  <xsl:variable name="bgcolor">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="@bgcolor">
        <xsl:value-of select="@bgcolor"/>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:call-template name="dbfo-attribute">
          <xsl:with-param name="pis"
select="processing-instruction('dbfo')"/>
          <xsl:with-param name="attribute" select="'bgcolor'"/>
        </xsl:call-template>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:variable>

I looked at the recent xslt snapshot for table processing (as Bob said
we should check these, because of many changes in the last time), and it
seems that processing of background colors has not changed.

Bob, do you think, this change would be suitable for color processing in
tables? OK, one could debate about attribute or PI coming first, and
semantic of $bgcolor.pi wouldn't fit anymore, however deleting ".pi"
form the name is all to be done.

Kind Regards,
Georges