Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Initial page numbering for book chapter?

On 6/6/06, Michèle Garoche <michele.garoche@easyconnect.fr> wrote:
> Yes, I thought of the same solution, but I considered that if the
> preface was taken out of the preliminary documents, which surprised
> me a bit, it should exist a good reason for it.
> I think that there is maybe a confusion between what is "first book
> content",  i.e. what occurs only one time at the very beginning of
> the book, and what may occur more that one time, for example preface,
> not necessarily at the beginning of a book, but still is "first book
> content" in the sense that it is preliminary contents to part of a book.

As I interpret the "first"-part of the name, it is the first "true"
content of the book. I think we should think more in the lines of
frontmatter, body and backmatter. In my opinion, a preface is a
frontmatter-thing.

This is the reason I think preface should be excluded in
first.book.content; and even more because it is handled separately
later in the template.

Does one of the stylesheet maintainers have any comments on this?
Jirka? Bob? Michael?

> Make perfect sense to me, and English is not my native language as
> well :-)

Thank you :-)

Best regards,

    Rune