Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] multiple templates for a single tag?

Perfect. I missed that section in your book. Even though I had chunking
working, That cleared it up for me and I reorganized my templates as
recommended. It's all working again. and My TOCs work too!  Now off to the
navigation. Thanks again Bob!

LN

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 7:07 PM
To: Webmaster; docbook-apps

Hi,
Customizing the chunking stylesheet is more complicated than the
non-chunking stylesheet because the chunking stylesheet makes extensive use
of XSL import precedence to select the right template.  As you found, there
may be several matches, but import precedence is what enables the processor
to choose the right one for the given context.   You have to get a thorough
understanding of import precedence to grok the chunking process, otherwise
you can end up going in circles.

A chunking customization layer has to be set up to maintain the correct
import precedence in order to work.  This section in my book describes how
to set it up:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ChunkingCustomization.html

Basically the chunking stylesheet templates have higher import precedence
to handle the chunking process.  They in turn use xsl:apply-imports to
override the import precedence to apply the original DocBook templates to
format a docbook element within a chunk.  See the template named
'process-chunk-element' in chunk-code.xsl, for example.

If you have access to a XSL debugger that can handle chunking (such as
oXygen), then you can step through the chunking process to see how it
applies all those templates.

DocBook Consulting