Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] chunking only the last section in each chapter

Hi. Bob!   I read a little on manually control chunking, unfortunately that
isn't an option for me, because I don't know what the id is of the last
section is in each chapter. And in my case the IDs isn't unique in the
entire scope of the document, but rather only unique within the chapter.
I'm not worried about the Next and Prev at this point. Thanks!

LN

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Stayton [mailto:bobs@sagehill.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 12:20 PM
To: Webmaster; apps docbook

As you have probably noticed by now, customizing the chunking
stylesheets is challenging.  Getting certain pieces chunked isn't
too hard, but getting the Next and Prev and TOC navigation right
is harder.

I would try a different approach.  Norm provided in the
stylesheet a means for specifying what gets chunked by using an
external table of contents file.  See the section in my book
called "Manually control chunking" in:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/Chunking.html

You could do a two-pass process, where you write a small
stylesheet that generates the external table of contents file
using your criteria for selecting elements, and then the second
pass uses that to generate the HTML output chunked the way you
want.  I didn't try it, but I think that would be easier than
customizing the chunking templates.

DocBook Consulting