Subject: Big files, book root

I've just finished ( and had fun doing) a fairly big .pod file
conversion to docbook.
About 200 files in all. I created each as a chapter.

Eventually I derived a stack of entity definitions
and then included them using the entity value.

I *think* (hope?) I'm getting out of date with my use of entities.
What else can I use in the 'book' file which will

a) allow a full toc
b) allow chunking (to keep file size processing down).
c) provide a book in one file per chapter html format.

Can any of the linking systems help here please?

I'm thinking of the way that Norm has enabled processing
of significant web sites by a two stage process, yet
has the full linking at the root of the document?

Tell me if this isn't clear please.

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson