Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Resolving entity references and xinclude statements

There should be no problem mixing entities and XIncludes.  There is a small section in my book on mixing entities and XInclude:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html#XincludeTextEntities

Is there some particular problem you are finding?

DocBook Consulting

Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 8:04 AM

Hello,

I am sure that this is a very simple question; perhaps, if I have a few more cups of coffee, I’ll discover the answer. J Nonetheless:

I have several xml files that use DocBook. These files contain both xinclude statements and custom entity references. I’d like to transform these files into DocBook files that have these xincludes and entities resolved. In other words, I’d like to take:

<para>This is a sample &custom;.</para>

<xinclude … >

And turn it into:

<para>This is a sample function.</para>

<para>This para was created with an xinclude statement.</para>

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Regards,

Dave Shevitz