Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Article titlepage like for book

Hi Marc,
The basic problem is that the templates for an article generate a single
page-sequence using the page-master named 'body'. A book has several
page-sequences, with the first using a page-master named 'titlepage'.
Getting an article to generate the extra page sequence, making sure it uses
the right page-master, and turning off the regular titlepage info in the
article page-sequence would all have to be added to the template with
match="article" from fo/component.xsl.

There might be an easier way, though. Wrap your article element in a book
element, and move the title info from articleinfo to bookinfo.  That would
leave your article element containing only the body content, which is
valid.  Since this is processed as a book, you will get the book titlepage,
both recto and verso sides.

<book>
<bookinfo>
<title>etc.</title>
</bookinfo>
<article>
<para>First content of the article.</para>
etc.
</article>
</book>

DocBook Consulting