Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Word-processor-like DocBook editor?

We've got quite a few happy authors using XMLMind
(http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/), which offers a free version.

XMLMind has support for Xincludes (and there are features meant for doing
just what you describe -- see
http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_distrib/doc/user/tutorial_modular_document
.html)

Cheers,