Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Inline media object/text overlapping on PDF output

Hi, Stefan!

Thanks for your help!

> First you can decrease your image (per docbook attributes or the image
> itself).

My image has an imaginary baseline (near its vertical center). I need
that baseline to be aligned to the baseline of the surrounding text.
(Your third comment further below solves this problem.)

> Second you can increase the line space for this paragraph.

This sounds like a good workaround - how do I do that? (I have cross-
posted this sub-problem to a separate post.)

> Or you can surround your inline graphic with
> <superscript>..</superscript> to rise the vertical middle level.
> In XSLFO you can use the "baseline-shift" attribute to rise the
> vertical middle level.

This is a very good hint - now I can fine-adjust the image to the
text baseline!

Unfortunately, the line of text following the inline image still
collides with the image in the PDF output ...

My current FO output follows here:

---
<fo:block space-before.optimum="1em" space-before.minimum="0.8em"
     space-before.maximum="1.2em">
     Some text
         <fo:external-graphic src="url(file:/foo.pdf)" width="auto"
height="auto"
             content-width="auto" content-height="auto" baseline-
shift="-14pt" />
     Some long text. This text automatically continues on the next
     line and unfortunately overlaps with the preceding external
graphic ...
</fo:block>
---

Could this be a problem with the XEP renderer?

Regards,
Claudio Pellegrino