Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] mulitple rootids

Day, Troy L wrote:

> Ultimately, I want to use this capability with fo stylesheets to make
> excerpt pdfs. The page numbering is a concern since I want the
> abbreviated document to retain the page numbering of a complete
> document.  IE: If chapter 2 starts on page 20 and ends on page 30,
> then make chapter 1 invisible and re-translate, I'd like chapter 2 to
> still show page numbers between 20 and 30.  Any guidance appreciated.

In this case you must operate on the formatted output to final page
arrangement. If I have to implement this I would use XEP and generate
not PDF output but XEP intermediate format. Then I would modify XSL
stylesheets to put invisible rx:pinpoint markers on start of each chapter.

Then I would extract unwanted pages (not marked by rx:pinpoints) and
created final PDF from the stripped down intermediate format.

			Jirka

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
      ** DocBook 11.-13.12.2006 ** XSL-FO 11.-12.12.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature