Subject: RE: [docbook] skipping titlepage when converting article to xhtml

[Moving to docbook-apps, which is the appropriate list for stylesheet
issues]

Since you want to skip the titlepage div completely, there is a very simple
fix. Just add the following empty template to your customization layer:

<xsl:template name="article.titlepage"/>

Titlepage customizations in general are described here:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/HTMLTitlePage.html

> PM: when not importing this stylesheet
> "common/autoidx-ng.xsl" and running
> with 1.70.1 I got
> the following fatal error messagers:
>
> file:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/fo/autoidx.xsl:
>  XTDE1260: Key group-code has not been defined
> Error on line 285 of
> file:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/fo/autoidx.xsl:
>  XTDE1260: Key k-group has not been defined
>  etc...

I guess that you get these errors from Saxon 8.x. The DocBook XSL
stylesheets are designed to be executed by an XSLT 1.0 processor. I would
recommend using Saxon 6.5.5 instead.

> <xsl:param name="html.stylesheet" select="'css/xxx.css'"/>
> <xsl:param name="make.valid.html" select="'1'"/>
> <xsl:param name="generate.toc" select="'article nop'"/>
> <xsl:param name="generate-article-titlepage" select="'no'"/>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> Note the generate-article-titlepage parameter. I now have
> "no" but I also
> tried "0" and "false".

There is no parameter called "generate-article-titlepage" in DocBook XSL
1.70.1, so assigning a value to it has no effect. Did you perhaps make some
other customization where this parameter is used?

/MJ