Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] xml catalogs xerces, saxon, and olinking (targetdatabase is picked up as relative to docbook-xsl)

Chris Chiasson wrote:

> I guess the stylesheet calls for target.xml and the catalog says, no
> problem, that's right next to you - here's the URL. How does one make
> it use the target database catalog in the folder next to my xml files
> instead of next to the docbook stylesheets.

The problem here is that for DBv5 documents stylesheets create temporary
document with stripped out namespace. This temporary document doesn't
have address, it is just temporal in-memory representation. It seems
that for such documents Saxon assumes that their base URI is same as of
stylesheet.

If you will try olink with DBv4 content, you will see that olink target
database is read from the same directory as document processed.

It is pain, I will try think about way how to fix it, but meanwhile you
must specify location of target database as an absolute URI.

			Jirka

                    Nejbližší termíny školení:
     ** XSLT 23.-26.10.2006 ** XML schémata 13.-15.11.2006 **
      ** DocBook 11.-13.12.2006 ** XSL-FO 11.-12.12.2006 **
   http://xmlguru.cz    Blog mostly about XML for English readers

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature