Subject: Using a processing instruction to indicate customization URL

Hi,

I am new to DocBook and XSLT.  I am using DocBook with DocBook XSL 1.69.1.

I want to use a processing instruction in my DocBook XML to indicate the location of my customization.xsl file. I was hoping it would look something like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?MyInstruction CustomizationLayer=" customization.xsl" ?>
<book>

   .

   .

   .

</book>

I would then write a template to capture the value such as:

<xsl:template match="processing-instruction(‘MyInstruction’)">
   “do something here”
</xsl:template>

However, I am unable to capture “MyInstruction” at all. It does work if I put the processing instruction in the “<chapter>” element, but this would be inappropriate.

Can someone tell me the proper way to handle this?

Jerry J

Satuit Systems