Subject: space-before.optimum in fo:block not working with current FOP repository version (FOP trunk)

Hi,

I'm evaluating the current FOP version from FOP's SVN
repository
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/tools.html#svn-doc).

The reason is, that we use lots of SVG images in our
DocBook documents and the usage of radial and linear
gradients in these SVG images, which is only supported
by the latest FOP.

As a side effect the transparency problem is again
back which was solved in FOP's 0.92beta version.

However more disturbing is that my space settings in
<fo:block> are not handled anymore like in:

<fo:table-cell>
  <fo:block text-align="end"
font-family="{$title.page.font.family}"
font-size="{$title.page.font.hsize1}"
space-before.optimum="140pt">
    Version <xsl:apply-templates
mode="book.titlepage.recto.auto.mode"
select="bookinfo/edition"/>
  </fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

In FO it looks like:

<fo:table-cell>
  <fo:block text-align="end" font-family="Times"
font-size="14pt" space-before.optimum="140pt">Version
1.0</fo:block>
</fo:table-cell>

So that looks good to me. But unfortunately in the
resulting PDF there is no
space-before.optimum="140pt".

With FOP 0.20.5 it worked fine. This problem started
with FOP 0.92beta and continues with current FOP.

Is that a FOP trunk problem? Is there a workaround?

Regards,
Darya