Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <link xlink:href="..."> in XHTML output (DocBookXSL 1.71.1)

>More importantly, did you put the DocBook namespace declaration on the root
>element of your document?  That is what makes it a DocBook 5 document, and
>that is what triggers the stylesheets to handle such links.

Thank you very much Bob - sure enough, I didn't. Putting it there made
<link /> work - apologies that I missed this bit in the first place.

The stylesheet then works as expected - as long as I use Xalan 2.7. When
using Saxon 8.7.3, I get the following error:

XSL transformation error: Cannot find a matching 0-argument function
named {http://org.apache.xalan.lib.NodeInfo}systemId(); SystemID:
file:/.../docbook-xsl-1.71.1/common/stripns.xsl; Line#: 259; Column#: -1

I'm not using any customization layers. When I run the conversion, both
Xalan and Saxon are on the classpath. Might this be a problem? (I don't
use the commandline but access either directly via their API.)

Regards, Christian.