Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Problem using link with xlink:href with htmlhelp

[...]

> Then no html files are generated. Only htmlhelp.hhp and toc.hhc are
> generated.
> When I strip the xmlns declarations (just '<book lang="de">') and the
> link, the helpfile will be produced.
>
> I use docbook-xml-4.5 together with docbook-xsl-1.71.0 and
> saxon 6.5.5.

The xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; declaration makes the stylesheets
interpret the XML file as DocBook 5, not 4.5.

You have stumbled upon the following gotcha: when producing HTML Help from a
DocBook 5 document, the profiling stylesheets (profile-htmlhelp.xsl instead
of htmlhelp.xsl) must be used.

See http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200605/msg00018.html.

/MJ