Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] DocBook editing software

You mentioned that Serna internally converts DTD-specified XML dialects to
the equivalent XML Schema specification.  That hasn't been my experience.
If you want to be able to validate in Serna, you have to generate an XML
Schema from your DTD using a separate tool that you can download from their
site.  It does a good, if not perfect, job of converting.  I had to tweak a
couple of lines in the generated XML Schema  to get DocBook 4.5 to work.

For DocBook 5, there is an XML Schema already generated, as part of the
complete set of schemas for DB5.

DocBook Consulting

From: "Wright, Barton" <Barton.Wright@iona.com>
To: "Chris Chiasson" <chris@chiasson.name>
Cc: "Stefan Lindvall" <Stefan.Lindvall@digitalroute.com>; "docbook-apps"
<docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 5:08 AM

Serna supports DocBook 4.4 on installation, and can probably be extended
to support any XML schema-based dialect. Serna internally converts
DTD-specified XML dialects to the equivalent XML Schema specification.
There is no mention of Relax NG-based schemas in Serna's online help or
website and I haven't tried it.

As always, the definitive answers about a product are best obtained from
its website or its developers, not from one particular user. I have
found the developers very responsive to questions on the serna-users
mailing list. See http://www.syntext.com/users/index.htm.