Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Two column body - Span one figure over the wholepage ?

Hi.

Read about the span="all" regarding to fo:flow in an earlier email about title
page.

Thanks for the answer, but I have no time to get it to work.
Will see if I can debug it in the future.. 2 columns are nicer than one, and
sometimes you need a wide figure.

Need to get the document out today... will have to go with a ugly 1 column
body.. :)

However I had a problem with the customization layer :

Error at xsl:element on line 87 of
file:/home/fred/docbook/articles/customspan.xsl:
  Attribute xsl:use-attribute-sets is not allowed on this element
Error at xsl:element on line 94 of
file:/home/fred/docbook/articles/customspan.xsl:
  Attribute xsl:use-attribute-sets is not allowed on this element

I just removed the xsl: before xsl:use-attribute-sets on these lines
and it works. (not sure if that is the correct way.)
I use Saxon as XSLT processor.

The fo gets created but fop can not handle it..

I tried it with my customizations and stand alone..

Many
SEVERE: Could not create block pointers. FOText w/o Block ancestor.
Nov 17, 2006 10:59:24 AM org.apache.fop.fo.FObjMixed flushText
SEVERE: Could not create block pointers. FOText w/o Block ancestor.
Nov 17, 2006 10:59:24 AM org.apache.fop.fo.FObjMixed flushText
SEVERE: Could not create block pointers. FOText w/o Block ancestor.

and it ends in a crash
SEVERE: Exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.inline.WrapperLayoutManager
        at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.transformTo(InputHandler.java:168)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.InputHandler.renderTo(InputHandler.java:115)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.startFOP(Main.java:160)
        at org.apache.fop.cli.Main.main(Main.java:191)