Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using DocBook XSL 1.70.1 with FOP 0.92

On 11/20/06, Paul Moloney <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jeremias says this is due to the fact that the "document is littered with
> keeps". This appears to be a result of using DocBook XSL 1.70.1. Does anyone
> know if later versions of DocBook XSL are compatible with FOP 0.92 or later?

Here's a section from Bob's book on this:
"Note in particular that the last attribute inherited from
formal.object.properties adds a keep to the table block. This keeps
the table title with the table, but it also means the table will be
forced to a new page if the whole table doesn't fit on the current
page. That may be inappropriate for long tables that could start on
the current page. For individual tables, you can use a processing
instruction to allow a table to break, as described in the section
"Keep-together processing instruction". Or you can change the
attribute value to auto to turn off the keep for all tables, and use
the PI in individual tables to keep them together. This change can be
made in the table.properties attribute-set. You don't have to worry
about keeping a table's title together with the table, because the
title block itself has a keep-with-next property."

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/PrintTableStyles.html#table.properties

I'd try setting the keep-together.within-column to auto, as he
suggests, and seeing if the bug persists.

HTH,
Keith