Subject: block quote something that contains a table

I need to quote a question in a text book that contains a table. I
have been using literallayout to reproduce the formatting in the
textbook. My problem is that neither blockquote nor literallayout
allow informal table in DocBook 5. Does anyone have any suggestions?
For now, I am going to leave the document invalid, but I would like to
see it validate.

--
http://chris.chiasson.name/