Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] How to get emphasis with both Bold and Italic, in FO?

You can do it by using

 <emphasis role="bold-italic">bold and italic text</emphasis>

in your XML source and by putting the following template

 <xsl:template match="emphasis[@role='bold-italic']">
   <fo:inline font-weight="bold" font-style="italic">
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </fo:inline>
 </xsl:template>

in your customization layer.

The standard template that processes emphasis (in inline.xsl) is actually a
little more complicated, but this may very well be all you need.

/MJ