Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] [BUG] <para><informaltable> generates spurious<p> blocks

Hi Bob

Thanks for the very clear explanation.  (I just realised that the second
error - regarding the missing table elements - I actually introduced in
an effort to pare the test code down to a minimum.  My original code
included them.  Sorry about that.)

As a matter of interest, the reason I was using an informaltable inside
a para was that I wanted the para to be a top-level element of a file
(which contained a set of "Fixed Position"ed elements) which I xincluded
into other files.  I also needed to mark those elements in some way and
thought the easiest way to do that was using one of the
"propagates.style" parameters, which limited me to emphasis, para,
phrase and entry.  Anyway, no matter, I can approach things another way.

As another aside, I managed to use the para.propagates.style feature to
get rid of some Perl code I had previously needed to post-process the
XSLT output the last time I used DocBook three years ago.  (I have been
away sailing since then.)  Either it is a newish feature or I missed it
last time :-)  It is a pleasure to be using such a cracking toolset again.

 > The DocBook 5 RelaxNG schema can flag that table as invalid.

Well, that's a good reason I should consider upgrading.  Anything which
detects errors earlier is a good thing.

Regards
Kevin