Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Entity in db5 with xinclude ...

[...]

> The problem is that &years; is define in my
> ./src-cours/C-signaux-entity.xml
> but its don't work :
>
> Error on line 6 column 15 of
> file:/home/bruno/Travail/DocBook5.0/C-prog_systeme_linux/C-sig
> naux-classiques/src-cours/C-signaux-articleinfo.xml:
>   Error reported by XML parser: The entity "years" was
> referenced, but not
> declared.

This seems to be an example of a pitfall described in "The Complete Guide":

"If there are any entity references in the included content that are not
declared in the included file, then the include will fail. In other words,
you can't rely on the entity declarations in the main document to expand
entity references in the included text. The text in the included document is
parsed before it is included, and any entity references must resolve there."

(http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html#XincludeTextEntities)

/MJ