Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] [QUESTION] Generating XHTML 1.1 from docbook-xsl

Please consider that there might be other consumers besides web browsers.

XHTML 1.1 (and even more so XHTML 2.0) is a great exchange format for mixing content from different sources (there is a world outside DocBook) -- before a final transformation to whatever delivery format is appropriate.

kind regards
Peter Ring