Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to specify an attribute-set?

Hi Trevor,

On Friday 29 December 2006 23:05, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> I'm using DocBook XSL to transform a DocBook file to FO, and I'm
> customizing the output via user-configurable parameters [1]. For
> instance, if I want to prevent URLs from appearing after the text of
> a ULink, I can set the ulink.show parameter [2].
>
> Specifying these parameters is easy enough. When using Ant's Xslt
> task [3], for instance, I can simply add <param> sub-elements.
> Likewise, when calling Saxon from the command line, I can just add
> the parameters as command line arguments.
>
> I recently discovered that some of the FO parameters, such as
> formal.title.properties [4], are not so simple; they're structured.
> That is, instead of a key/value pair, they're specified as an
> attribute-set. How is one supposed to specify these attribute-sets
> when using Ant or Saxon? I couldn't find any documentation or
> examples on how to do this.

I fear it is not possible to add an attribute set on a command line.

I am not very familiar with Ant but as fas as I understood it, you need a
customization layer (see [1,2]).  Simply said, you create a XSLT
stylesheet, import the original DocBook stylesheet, move your parameters
from your Ant task to the customization layer and add your attribute
sets.

Delete all <param> in your Ant task and use your customized stylesheet
instead the original one. Hope it's clear from this rough description. :)

Hope that helps,
Tom

[1]
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html#CustomizationLayer