Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Converting SVG to PNG

This doesn't answer your question and may not be an option for you, but
what I do is adjust the printable size of the image to the approximate
desired size as a png. In Inscape, use document properites:
File->Document Properties. Set Page size to Custom and adjust to
something reasonable. Then select everthing and center it and CTRL+drag
a corner to scale it proportionally to the printable size. The batik
gives me a nice png.

David