Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Adding more profiling attributes

Hi Dean,

Absolutely! I typically create custom profiling attributes for each of
my clients because of their specific needs. You just have to add them to
your customization layer, and redefine the db effectivity attributes to
call in your customization.

In DB5, it would look something like this:
   my.effectivity =
   attribute customprofile { text }

  db.effectivity.attributes |=
   db.audience.attribute?
   & db.condition.attribute?
   & db.conformance.attribute?
   & db.revision.attribute?
   & db.security.attribute?
   & db.userlevel.attribute?
   & my.effectivity?

You'll also need to adjust your stylesheet customization layer to
process the new attribute. See
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomProfilingAttr.html

Best regards,

--Scott

Nelson, Dean wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have used the "profile.attribute" because none of the standard Docbook
> attributes (os,lang,etc) really fit my scenario. To be able to maintain
> the docs through the years, the attributes needs to be something
> meaningful to fit our needs.
>
> How can I add more profile attributes to make my profiling fit my needs?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dean Nelson

begin:vcard
fn:Scott Hudson
n:Hudson;Scott
org:Flatirons Solutions
adr:Suite 200;;4747 Table Mesa Drive ;Boulder;CO;80305;USA
email;internet:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com
title:Consultant
tel;work:303-542-2146
tel;fax:303-544-0522