Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Roundtrip Changes

Steve Ball <Steve.Ball@explain.com.au>, 2007-01-06 18:15 +1100:

> This is a "heads-up" for changes to the round-tripping XSL
> stylesheets that have been checked in to the DocBook SVN repository.
> These changes are as follows:
>
> 1. The subdirectory has been renamed from 'xsl/wordml' to 'xsl/
> roundtrip'.  This is to more accurately reflect the purpose of the
> stylesheets, and to move the emphasis away from MS Word.
>
> 2. Support for OpenOffice has been introduced, see below.  Supported
> word processors are now MS Word (2003), Apple Pages and Open Office.
>
> 3. The DocBook-to-word-processor stylesheets have been re-factored
> for improved maintainability.  The old stylesheets, docbook.xsl and
> docbook-pages.xsl, are deprecated.  Replacing them are four dbk2*.xsl
> stylesheets; dbk2wp.xsl is the generic module and dbk2wordml.xsl,
> dbk2pages.xsl and dbk2ooo.xsl provide conversion of DocBook documents
> to the corresponding word processor format.

This is all very cool. When I saw your checkin go through I
wondered a bit about the name change. But realizing the fact that
it supports OpenOffice and Apple Pages, "roundtrip" seems like a
very appropriate name. It's been great to see how these
stylesheets have evolved, and will be nice to see what more you've
got in store for them.

  --Mike

smime.p7s