Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] RNGschema and xpointer

Hi,

> Quoting Huber  Evelyne <hubere@student.ethz.ch>:
> > in my main file I'd like to include only <title> and <para>.
> > what is the proper syntax for xpointer? I'm using
> > xpointer="xpointer(/section/*) with xsltproc --xinclude, but can't get it to
> > work.
>
> The following works for me with xsltproc --xinclude:
>
>   <xi:include href="chapter01.dbk"
>     xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
>     xpointer="xpointer(/article/*)"/>
>
> Maybe there is a subtle difference somewhere?

Probably the missing namespace for DocBook? Evelyne uses DocBook 5.0.
There is a W3C recommendation for XPointer and namespaces this purpose, see[1].

Perhaps you have to extend the above xpointer attribute, try this (untested):

  xpointer="xmlns(db=www.docbook.org/ns/docbook) xpointer(/db:article/*)"

However, I am not sure if xsltproc supports this.

Tom

------
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr-xmlns/