Subject: docbook 5 cover page example

Hello,

I'm trying to get an image on the index page and my attempts have been unsuccessful. I have read numerous posts (including sagehill books) about customizing it with XSL templates and all. It is quite confusing and complicated for a docbook newbie and my attempts have failed.

I moved to docbook 5 (and docbook5-xsl-1.72.0) to use the cover page feature which makes it easier to add the image on the first page.

To begin with, I coped and saved the example from the following link to add a JPG logo to the first page,
http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/cover.html

The book compiles fine using xsltproc with FOP 0.93, but I don't see an image. but everything else is available.

I'm lost and does anyone have any experience or ideas to get this done?

Thanks in advance!