Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Visio 2003 vector graphics in docbook

Jirka Kosek schrieb:
> Sebastian Fey wrote:
>

>> Best would be support for MS SVGExtensions, or maybe a way to make visio
>> export without these extensions...
>>

> Those SVG extensions are useful only for round-tripping.
it seems to have some layout functionality.
removing everything in SVGExtensions namespace from the svg-document
results in corrupt layout.

> SVG file from
> Visio will render correctly in compliant SVG renderer.
Very simple SVG are displayed by firefox (corruptly) and Altsoft xml2pdf
renders the SVG into a pdf but without any text.
More complex Visio diagrams: firefox quits with syntax error, xml2pdf
says the svg is corrupt.
(very simple svg = just a circle with "hello world" in it, attached to
this message)
XEP doesnt render any visio-svg, and just says:

(sequence [master-reference body]
  (flow [1][2]
    [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
    [2]
    [error] no space for an element, trying to recover
    [2])

> There is only one
> problem with markers -- Visio contains small bug which makes markers
> disappear for example in XEP.
sounds good, hopefully itll work for me soon too .
> This should be fixed in Visio 2007 (I
> hadn't tested it) as MS accepted my bug report (well, it took almost
> year and ten emails which were not very nice though ;-).

thx for your help!

greetings,

Sebastian

image/svg