Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Visio 2003 vector graphics in docbook

On Sunday 28 January 2007 23:29, Chris Chiasson wrote:
> It really would be nice to find a workable alternative to Visio.

There is no tool that has the click, drag and drop stencil features of Visio.
However, Visio is pretty darn bad a doing standards stuff, something about
the company that owns the product.

My solution was to build my own template/stencil library in SVG and then use
Inkscape, Sodipodi or Karbon14. I have found that most tools can raster the
SVG files produced from these files with reasonable results.

Hope this helps.
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author