Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Content on back cover of print output

There isn't a backcover template for you to fill in (it would make a nice
feature request, though).

One way to do it is to customize the template with match="book" in
fo/division.xsl.  Near the end, you add something like:

<xsl:template match="book">
  <xsl:apply-templates select="$content"/>
  <!-- Add the following line -->
  <xsl:call-template name="backpage"/>
</xsl:template>

It is too bad that is such a big template.  It really needs to be
modularized to make customization like this easier.  That's on my list.

Then define a template named "backpage" that generates a new page-sequence
for your back cover content. That fo:page-sequence element should include:

   initial-page-number="auto-even"

to ensure that the content starts on an even-numbered (back) page.  It
should only contain one page of content.

If your book content normally ends on an odd page, you might want to
prevent it from generating a blank even page. To do that, you need to set
force-page-count="no-force" on the page-sequence preceding the back cover.
You do that by customizing the force.page.count template from
fo/pagesetup.xsl to add another condition for your last child element of
your book.  Let me know if you need further expansion on any of this.

DocBook Consulting